Gorus Maximus is a bloody trick-taking game of gladiatorial combat in which the trump suit can change mid-trick! The game can be played "player vs. player" or in teams.
- Players compete to collect gladiators with positive crowd favor and avoid those with negative favor.
- The player with the highest favor at the end of the round earns 1 crowd support.
- The first player to earn 3 crowd support has won the support of the masses and earns the title: Champion of Gorus Maximus!
- Players are dealt a hand of ten gladiator cards and must contribute one gladiator to each bout (trick).
- There is a preferred school (trump suit) and the strongest gladiator from this school wins the bout.
- If no preferred gladiator entered the fight, then the strongest initiating gladiator (suit called for) wins.
- Players must follow the initiating school if possible, or they may "challenge" by matching the strength of the last gladiator played, immediately changing the preferred school to that of their gladiator!
- Card Game
- Designer : Conor McGoey
- Artist : Kwanchai Moriya
- Number of players : 1-8
- Playing time : 20-45 min
- Recommended ages : 13+
- Language : English