Godsforge ^ May 2019
- Godsforge is a fast-paced, card-and-dice, battle game published by Atlas Games.
- Players are spellcasters who battle to control the dwindling Etherium, a primal resource, which can now only be found at a single location dubbed the Godsforge.
- Dice combinations are used to solve mini puzzles and earn materials used to build an army of ancient monsters and cast spells to defeat enemies.
- Godsforge features simultaneous play, with each player attacking the player to their left and defending against the player on their right.
- On a turn, everyone simultaneously rolls four dice, then each player lays one of their four cards face down in front of them.
- In any order you want, players reveal those cards, paying the cost of them via specific numbers on rolled dice, the sum of rolled dice, veilstones, or a combination of the above.
- On the dice, 1s can be any number you wish, while an unused 6 can be spent to acquire a veilstone.
- Spells provide one-shot effects, while Creations go into play in front of you, with some of them providing one-shot "enter play" abilities in addition to possible attack and defense values and sacrifice abilities.
- Once all the cards have been resolved, players assess damage comparing their attack value against their target's defense.
- You then discard any cards you don't want, then refill your hand to four.
- Card Game
- Dice Rolling
- Simultaneous Action Selection
- Designer : Brendan Stern
- Artist : Diego L. Rodriguez
- Number of players : 2-4
- Playing time : 20-40 Min
- Recommended ages : 14+
- Language : English