Rappan Athuk, the legendary mega-dungeon by Necromancer Games is nothing more and nothing less than a good, old-fashioned, First Edition dungeon crawl updated for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Swords & Wizardry rules. Very difficult, Rappan Athuk will truly strike fear into the hearts of the most stalwart adventurers. It offers legions of inventive traps, tricks, strange features, and monsters -- many of them never before seen. It affords numerous opportunities for roleplaying, but anyone willing to brave these subterranean halls better arrive ready to rumble, or their lives will be short indeed.
Rappan Athuk will be a faux leather-bound, signature stitched book (textbook bound for a lifetime of durability) with either a red cover (for the Swords & Wizardry version) or black cover (for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game). The book includes:
- 17 new levels (topping over 50 levels) with many revisions to the existing levels
- A number of lower level areas (character levels 1-10) including the village of Zelkor's Ferry and its surrounding environs
- A Temple of Tsathogga with a three level dungeon of its own
- 2 New Prestige Classes and a New Archtype (Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Version Only)
- 27+ New Monsters
- 3 New Monster Templates
- 5+ New Artifacts
- 30+ New Magic Items (including some old favorites)
- The return of Bill Webb's favorite spell from the Relics and Rituals days as an ability!
- 29+ miniature-scale battlemaps (detailing 10+ separate locations) provided for iconic locations and key encounter areas
- and more!
Written by Bill Webb (from his home campaign), with additional material from Matt Finch, Clark Peterson, WDB Kenower, Greg Raglund, Greg Vaughan, and Skeeter Green (supported by a cast of many more). The adventure you soon will hold in your hand is the latest version of an ever-evolving campaign benchmark since its original release with the 3.0 rule system in 2000. Many, many players have lost favored PCs delving into the depths of this dungeon, all the while giggling like children and having the time of their lives. Hundreds, if not thousands of players have combed the halls of Rappan Athuk over the years, seeking treasure and fame, making it one of the best-known dungeon locations the game has ever produced. Even players who have never entered its halls know the term: "Don't go down the Well!"